Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Wanderlust

When I was little I loved hiking the woods, because every time I went I could find something different and new. I can connect my wanderlust to this because I really like the idea of being somewhere that is fresh to me. Someplace where everything is new. It pulls to me. Just as it did when I was young. 

The thought of being in one place for too long makes me anxious even though I have never grown up traveling.  I grew up in a small town where I knew every one and knew every place. I had no secrets and there was no place I could explore that I hadn't seen before, the woods seemed to be my only escape.

Everyday I feel like I have to resist the urge to buy a plane ticket and go somewhere, I think the lack of money helps, but honestly I swear the urge gets stronger everyday. I want to travel to London, Poland, Israel, or really anywhere. I just want to be on a plane to somewhere. 

I look at careers such as journalism because it would give me an opportunity to travel often and it includes my love for technical writing. I have also looked into being a diplomat because I can sign up for a two-year stay in another country and if I grow bored after two years I can go somewhere new. 
I have also recently found a YouTube channel, JacksGap. The creator Jack Harries travels the world and makes videos and documentaries. I've always been interested in film, directing, and, of course, traveling and I want something like this to open up for me either on YouTube, other social media, or for another job. This seems like a dream job, because I want to be able to connect more people across the globe. I also want to be able to give people who don't have an outlet a way to raise their voice and be heard and YouTube is a great way to do this. 

I think my wanderlust also comes from loving to meet new people and learning their background. I love the aspect of discovering culture.

This quote from John Green perfectly sums up my wanderlust: 

"I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met."

5 comments:

  1. I feel like I must be the exact opposite of you haha. I can see the appeal of wandering the world but I know in my heart I would always rather be home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go where the wind takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome quote! Just go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very interesting. I'm also a big fan of traveling and wish I could do it more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My feelings exactly! Traveling is so important; you will meet so many amazing people. Keep your eyes open and your feelers out because opportunities WILL come your way! You just have to be able to recognize them!

    ReplyDelete